Beyond Meat burger patty in a brioche bun. Chips and tomato on the side.
By the way, the longest, biggest battle of my life has been convincing myself not to have burger and chips for dinner every single night of the week (with copious amounts of beer and whisky for dessert). It’s a battle I often lose.
Also, here’s how to make quick chips:
- Cut 220g potatoes (I used maris piper) into chunks.
- Pre-heat oven to 250°C (480°F).
- Put into a container and cook in microwave for 6 minutes or so (add 5 minutes if cooking double portions for more than one).
- Empty chips onto a baking tray and shake vigorously to scuff up as best you can (I skipped this stage today).
- Add the oil of your choice then season to taste (I used salt, pepper, paprika and thyme).
- Put in oven until crisped up nicely. Usually around 12 minutes.